Thursday 19 April 2007

The one with the scratchcards

Monday 16th April 2007

OWEN – Well, in a strange twist of events it seems that my poker playing has attracted the attention of the room I play in.

If you check the comments section from earlier you’ll see that a young gentleman who works at Poker Heaven contacted us and because I’ve mentioned their room a couple of times and they like the idea, they are keen to help me promote our Crazy Punts blog.

Nothing confirmed yet, but it seems we may be getting our own page on their site, which is (flagrant promotion ahead) http://www.pokerheaven.com/. If we get our own page I’ll put a link up directly to that and of course keep everyone up to date.

Anyway, new found fans aside, I’ll get back to the betting.

On Monday we were busy in the office for most of the day and at a bit of a loss with what to make a bet on so we decided to fall back upon an old favourite – scratchcards.

We didn’t want to spend our evening rubbing a coin over little bits of paper so we decided if we both bought ten cards then we’d have a side bet of whoever won the most would get a £50 bonus from the loser.

We both bought the same type of scratchcards; 2x the kind with a leprechaun on it, Lucky Charms maybe, 2x the kind with pigs on it, 2x Lucky 7’s and 4x Aces High. We decided do go with the extra two Aces High cards as it had extra gambling connotations.

Jack was the first to get a win with a whopping £1. I came charging up the rear with a £2 win, followed quickly with another £1. We were down to the last few cards when Jack managed to score a mighty £4 on one card and with no further wins for me that was another side bet lost by myself. Surely I’m due some luck soon.

We decided that the next bet would have to be something a little more exciting or at least more competitive.

JACK – Owen refuses to acknowledge my superior skill in the fine art of pure, 100% luck gambling. Maybe one day he’ll reach my level.

We didn’t find much time to gamble on Tuesday or Wednesday as we were both busy in the office, but since we plan on slacking for the next few hours, rest assured we’ll make up for it with an interesting bet later on today (which I fully intend on winning, should luck have anything to do with it).

Current Bankrolls

Owen £973

Jack £1,290


No comments: